What are you waiting for?
When you become a member of SCCCU, you become part owner in all that we do.
For Your Information
Working at Santa Cruz Community Credit Union is as much a mission as it is a career. We love what we do, and we love knowing our work is helping to create a stronger community and supporting local families.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Santa Cruz Community Credit Union. To be considered for job openings, qualified candidates may send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Santa Cruz Community Credit Union, with assets of $100 million, and located in Santa Cruz, California is seeking an Financial Analyst. This position involves performing various accounting and finance functions. The successful candidate will develop and create new accounting procedures that utilize technology to create efficient, time-saving processes.
• Responsible for maintaining general ledger accounts for Investments, Federal Reserve account, off-line loan portfolio, control accounts for loans and shares.
• Responsible for day- to-day general ledger accounting and reconciliation, financial reporting and analysis for other assigned functional areas.
• Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis
• Investigate and report to the Manager any inconsistencies or improprieties.
• Analyze data to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed
• Prepare financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits as requested
• Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance Projects as assigned by Management
• Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the credit union's performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan.
• Maintain and develop various financial models and standard templates distributed for use by all of Finance during the planning processes, ensuring quality, accuracy and focused analytic review.
• Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them.
Skills & qualifications required:
The financial analyst position in the finance department demands following skills and qualifications.
• A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA/MBA a plus.
• Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Must have extremely strong MS Excel skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion is required
• Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques required
• Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
• Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems
• Strong presence with ability to interact with Senior staff.
• Financial modeling expertise a plus
For consideration, interested individuals will e-mail their resume in Word or PDF format to email@example.com.
SCCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Located south of San Francisco and just steps from the Boardwalk in the beautiful city of Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz Community Credit Union is seeking a GL Accountant to maintain the Credit Union's accounting records and reports, insuring they are in compliance with generally accepted accounting practices and credit union accounting practices.
Review and verify the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
To maintain all assigned accounts such that they are always in balance and current within 5 days maximum.
To reconcile daily all assigned accounts and specifically the GL accounts related to the correspondent banking activity.
Perform all month end activities/entries, including reconciliation of assigned GL accounts within 5 days after the end of each month.
Perform and/or support a variety of duties related to the accounting function within the Credit Union; A/P, GL, risk management and financial reporting and record keeping.
Manage all of the accounts payable and fixed asset processes, including entering bills, obtaining necessary management approvals and printing checks for vendors.
The Credit Union is a certified community development and low-income credit union and as such has a unique lending portfolio that is designed to provide economic development in the county of Santa Cruz. Currently the Credit Union is on Epicor but will convert to Wisdom in 2015. Santa Cruz Community Credit Union offers a flexible work schedule and an outstanding benefits package which includes but is not limited to medical, dental, vision and matching 401 k. Please send your resume, salary history and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Santa Cruz Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer