What are you waiting for?
When you become a member of SCCCU, you become part owner in all that we do.
For Your Information
Working at Santa Cruz Community Credit Union is as much a mission as it is a career. We love what we do, and we love knowing our work is helping to create a stronger community and supporting local families.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Santa Cruz Community Credit Union. To be considered for job openings, qualified candidates may send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
VP, Business & Real Estate Lending
Located south of San Francisco and just steps from the Board Walk in the beautiful city of Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz Community Credit Union is seeking a VP to manage member business lending, including a robust portfolio of SBA loans in addition to consumer real estate lending. Additionally, the VP will oversee the Credit Union's loan portfolio of consumer, real estate and business lending. This position serves on the senior management team and is considered the Chief Lending Officer.
The Business and Real Estate Lending department at the Credit Union is a 5-person department that includes experienced business development lenders and processors. Consumer lending operates under the Chief Operating Officer at the Credit Union but is subject to CLO review.
The Credit Union is a certified community development and low-income credit union and as such has a unique lending portfolio that is designed to provide economic development in the county of Santa Cruz. SCCCU is looking for a senior manager to join their team with a minimum of 3 years of SBA and 5 plus years of business lending, business development and real estate lending. Special assets experience is a plus! Santa Cruz Community Credit Union offers a flexible work schedule and an outstanding benefits package which includes but is not limited to medical, dental, vision and matching 401 k. Please send your resume, references, salary history and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Located south of San Francisco and just steps from the Board Walk in the beautiful city of Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz Community Credit Union is seeking a VP Finance (designated as Chief Financial Officer) to manage finance and accounting. In addition to managing an accounting team, this position is designated as the Chief Financial Officer, and serves on the senior management team.
The Credit Union is a certified community development and low-income credit union and as such has a unique lending portfolio that is designed to provide economic development in the county of Santa Cruz. Currently the Credit Union is on Epicor but will convert to Wisdom in 2015. SCCCU is looking for a senior manager to join their team with some working knowledge of business lending, risk management, TDRs and investments. Expectations include managing the ALM and investment committee. Santa Cruz Community Credit Union offers a flexible work schedule and an outstanding benefits package which includes but is not limited to medical, dental, vision and matching 401 k. Please send your resume, references, salary history and salary expectations to email@example.com
Collections Manager/Special Assets
Located south of San Francisco and just steps from the Board Walk in the beautiful city of Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz Community Credit Union is seeking a Collections Manager to manage risk in the consumer, real estate and business lending portfolios. In addition to a small in-house staff, successful candidate will manage legal and outsourced resources that support the collections function at the Credit Union. Special Assets experience is important as the Credit Union has a robust portfolio of member business loans. The Collections Manager will work closely with the VP of Business and Real Estate Lending and the CFO to assist members, reduce loss and make impactful, loss prevention decisions.
The Credit Union is a certified community development and low-income credit union and as such has a unique lending portfolio that is designed to provide economic development in the county of Santa Cruz. Santa Cruz Community Credit Union offers a flexible work schedule and an outstanding benefits package which includes but is not limited to medical, dental, vision and matching 401 k. Please send your resume, references, salary history and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Santa Cruz Community Credit Union, with assets of $100 million, and located in Santa Cruz, California is seeking an Financial Analyst. This position involves performing various accounting and finance functions. The successful candidate will develop and create new accounting procedures that utilize technology to create efficient, time-saving processes.
• Responsible for maintaining general ledger accounts for Investments, Federal Reserve account, off-line loan portfolio, control accounts for loans and shares.
• Responsible for day- to-day general ledger accounting and reconciliation, financial reporting and analysis for other assigned functional areas.
• Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis
• Investigate and report to the Manager any inconsistencies or improprieties.
• Analyze data to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed
• Prepare financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits as requested
• Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance Projects as assigned by Management
• Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the credit union's performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan.
• Maintain and develop various financial models and standard templates distributed for use by all of Finance during the planning processes, ensuring quality, accuracy and focused analytic review.
• Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them.
Skills & qualifications required:
The financial analyst position in the finance department demands following skills and qualifications.
• A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA/MBA a plus.
• Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Must have extremely strong MS Excel skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion is required
• Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques required
• Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
• Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems
• Strong presence with ability to interact with Senior staff.
• Financial modeling expertise a plus
For consideration, interested individuals will e-mail their resume in Word or PDF format to email@example.com.
SCCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Executive Director, Santa Cruz Community Ventures
Santa Cruz Community Ventures (SCCV) has an immediate opening for an Executive Director to oversee and fully manage all community programs, fund development, grant reporting, community and public relations, budget and strategic planning, as well as manager 4-5 staff, subcontractors and volunteers.
The successful candidate will work closely with the CEO of Santa Cruz Community Credit Union and the SCCV Board of Directors to ensure that all SCCV community programs meet the needs of the community as established through the Board of Director's approved strategic plan in partnership with Santa Cruz Community Credit Union.
Benefits include but are not limited to medical, vision, dental, 401 k, and a flexible schedule. Office location in downtown Santa Cruz with travel and some office time in Watsonville. Competitive salary and structure support from Santa Cruz Community Credit Union.
Santa Cruz Community Ventures (SCCV) is the 501(c)3 non-profit affiliate of the Santa Cruz Community Credit Union. The mission of SCCV is to contribute to lasting social and economic justice for the community members of Santa Cruz County. Santa Cruz Community Ventures equips people with tools to achieve lasting financial security and independence. This is accomplished through several programs that encompass financial literacy and access to capital.
➢ VITA (& EITC): Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (Earned Income Tax Credit)
➢ Financial Literacy Program: Includes workshops, one-on-one financial counseling and "train the trainer" services for community partners.
➢ IDA--Individual Development Account Program: A unique savings program for qualified low-wage earners.
➢ ChildCare Ventures: A county-wide collaborative of childcare experts who provide workshops and technical assistance to both home-based and community child care businesses.
➢ Community Partnership Loan Program: Outreach and lending program with funds donated to meet a specific community economic need.
• Bilingual Spanish/English both written and verbal
• Superb fund developer
• 5 years successful fund development experience
• Proven grant management expertise
• Minimum 3-5 years management of nonprofit programs and oversight of staff
• Community program and economic development skills
• Essential community networking established; Watsonville community experienced preferred
• Excellent public speaker and public relations savvy.
If interested please send your cover letter, resume, salary history and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Santa Cruz Community Credit Union is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to our CEO. This position provides confidential administrative support to the CEO and Board of Directors including compiling board packets, coordinating meetings; researches and edits written communications from word processing documents; ensures material copies and
electronic distribution; collects and prepares information for use in discussions and meetings.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Two years to five years of similar or related experience. Preferably working with a CEO.
Education: College degree or commensurate documented job experience.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature.
Other Skills: Excellent organizational, written and oral communications and editing skills; typing skills utilizing Word at or above the 75 percentile in speed and 90th percentile in accuracy; proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and spreadsheets.
The Santa Cruz Community Credit Union is a certified community development and low-income credit union. Since 1977, our mission as a nonprofit financial cooperative is to promote economic justice and opportunities for our members. Together with our community, SCCCU has attained remarkable achievements by maintaining a steadfast commitment to our mission to promote positive social and economic change.