What are you waiting for?
When you become a member of SCCCU, you become part owner in all that we do.
Individual Development Account (IDA Savings)
Our IDA program is an outstanding opportunity for low-income individuals and families to save and build their wealth. Savings are matched dollar for dollar, literally doubling what you save.
Participants attend free financial education workshops, which provide ways to turn saving from an idea to reality. The assets can be used to cover costs of higher education or starting or expanding a business.
- Savings deposits are matched dollar for dollar, doubling your savings!
- Up to $2,000 for individual households ($4,000 total)
- Up to $4,000 for two-person households ($8,000 total)
- Free financial education
- Earn dividends on entire balance
- Free online banking
- Free eStatements available
- $50 minimum deposit to open
- Federally insured to $250,000
This program is possible through SCCCU's collaboration with community services agencies, educational institutions, and county government.
- The SCCCU Difference
Included with your SCCCU account at no extra charge is peace of mind and a general, all-around good feeling. This priceless value comes from knowing:
- Your financial institution is a nonprofit
- Our primary mission is to strengthen our community
- We are environmentally conscious in all our practices
- We pass on revenue in the form of lower loan rates and charity donations
- None of our executives are getting filthy rich at your expense
Best of all, you don't have to sacrifice anything to receive this added benefit. We have all the latest technology, services, and account features the mega banks do. It's just that we believe in giving back, not taking away.