What are you waiting for?
When you become a member of SCCCU, you become part owner in all that we do.
To save or not to save isn't really much of a question. We all know our savings is key to financial security. So a better question is, "how and where?"
At SCCCU we are committed to strengthening our community. Our savings account includes features to help you "pay yourself first" and earn dividends. More importantly, this account provides access to all the benefits of membership with SCCCU.
- The Basics
- Earn dividends on entire balance
- Access to all SCCCU member benefits
- $5 minimum balance required to maintain membership
- $100 minimum balance to waive $2 monthly service fee
- Withdrawal limits:
- Up to six withdrawals free per month
- If balance is below $300, only one free withdrawal per month
- $1 for each withdrawal in excess of limit
- Free online banking
- Free eStatements available
- $5 minimum opening deposit
- Federally insured up to at least $250,000 by NCUA
Credit unions are nonprofit financial institutions, owned and controlled by their members. Opening and maintaining a savings account is how you establish membership in a credit union.
When you save money with us, you are investing in our community by pooling your funds with those of other local residents and employees. This is the foundation from which Santa Cruz Community Credit Union lends to other individual members and achieves our mission by lending to businesses, organizations, and cooperatives that work to improve our community.
Since we are a nonprofit, we provide loans at lower interest rates than typically associated with banks. Because of our commitment to building community, we go further by offering financial education seminars, tax advice, and donating to community charities.
To join the SCCCU, there is a one-time $5 nonrefundable membership fee. You may open a savings account with a minimum initial deposit of $5. A $5 minimum balance must be maintained in your savings account at all times to retain membership. As a member, you are eligible to vote for members of our board of directors.
- The SCCCU Difference
Included with your SCCCU account at no extra charge is peace of mind and a general, all-around good feeling. This priceless value comes from knowing:
- Your financial institution is a nonprofit
- Our primary mission is to strengthen our community
- We are environmentally conscious in all our practices
- We pass on revenue in the form of lower loan rates and charity donations
- None of our executives are getting filthy rich at your expense
Best of all, you don't have to sacrifice anything to receive this added benefit. We have all the latest technology, services, and account features the mega banks do. It's just that we believe in giving back, not taking away.