The CZU August Lightning Complex Fire has affected many in the county of Santa Cruz. In an effort to help you navigate this difficult time, we’ve put together a resource page to help you find the information you need quickly.
Emergency Loan Assistance
SCCCU is here to help with low-rate emergency loans. Apply any time, day or night, from your computer, tablet, or phone.
FEMA recently announced assistance opportunities available for those affected by the California Wildfires. Learn more here.
Deferred Loan Payments
Perhaps deferring your SCCCU loan payment can help during the current emergency? This option may also be available on auto, personal, real estate, or VISA lines of credit. Apply using this form:
Here is important information you may need to stay safe and healthy at this time:
- BALANCE Financial Relief Hotline: 888-262-4327
- BALANCE Natural Disaster Toolkits
- SBA Virtual Business Recovery and Disaster Loan Outreach Center: 916-735-1500 (or email FOCWAssistance@sba.gov)
- County of Santa Cruz Virtual Fire Recovery Resource Website: English | Spanish
- County of Santa Cruz Fire Recovery Resource Center Press Release: English | Spanish
- CAL FIRE–CZU San Mateo-Santa Cruz Unit: Facebook | Twitter
- CAL FIRE–CZU Email Updates: SIGN-UP HERE
- CZU Lightning Complex Incident Info Line: (831) 335-6717
- San Lorenzo Valley Water District: Water Alerts
- Info Line for Santa Cruz County: 211
These resources will help you prepare and recover from fire damage:
If you’d like to donate time or money to help victims of the fire, learn more below: